February 15, 2011

Memories...



When I was in high school I had a beautiful Pendleton bag. It was made of leather and had the most beautiful native american quilt in front of it. I was with my mother when I saw it in the Pendleton store, and I knew I had to have it, it belonged to me before I even got it. My sweet mother bought it for me and I cherished the bag. I used it as school bag, and I would walk proudly everywhere with it. One day it had the most horrible accident after school. I left it on someone's car while I was in the school's parking lot talking to a few friends. I didn't realize it was around me until I heard this horrible sound, and there was my bag on the floor, it was run over by a car.


I felt, I feel, horrible about it. To this day I think about my beloved bag. I kept it tucked away for the longest time hoping I would find the right person to repair it. But after a while I decided I had to part from it because I could not bare see it in the condition it was.

Of course, now many years later I have found people along the way that perform miracles on leather and I wish I still had it. Almost monthly since then I search the web, searcing for a bag that looks like it, even a wince like it, but no such luck. I check Pendleton's online store, but nothing remotely looks like this beautiful bag I once owned.

But the other day, as I was searching like I usuaully do, I found the above bag, and it reminded me of my bag, that was the first time a bag reminded me of it. The leather, the messenger style, from Pendleton, and a native american print.

So maybe my bag's grandchild will be it's replacement..
Stay tuned...

3 comments :

GlorV1 said...

Oh that is a great bag and I may just buy that myself.:) Great post.

GlorV1 said...

Kim, do you have the link to where you found this?

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Gloria,

Thanks! Here is the link to the bag: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=18657858&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump