June 12, 2013

party backdrop diy


For your next party you should definitely think about adding a backdrop. Backdrops not only add an element of decor and color to the party, but make fun photo backgrounds.

Last week I had a fiesta themed birthday party and I thought a fringed backdrop behind the food table would be perfect instead of the plain wall.  I wanted the room to be colorful and bright just like the fiesta I was throwing. The fringe went perfectly with the pinatas I made. See how I made the pinatas here.


Choose your party's color theme and buy rolls of streamers. Party stores sell super large streamer rolls.

Next, cut the streamers to the length you need from the top of the ceiling to the floor.

Fold the streamer horizontally in half and cut small slits on the both the top and bottom to make the streamers fringe as shown in the photo above.



Next tape them in varying colors on the wall. I alternated some with fringe and some I just left uncut and twirled.


This was so easy and fun to do. You definitely need to do this for your next party! 

Check out the fiesta here.

1 comment :

Denise said...

Such a cool idea. Looks easy enough for me to do for my son's birthday! Thanks for the great idea.