March 27, 2014

march 2014 birchbox review


I received my March Birchbox and received five items that ranged from makeup, hair products to creams. My very favorite being the 




The cheek and lip cream from the Balm is really soft and creamy and last all day. I am really loving this color on my cheeks and lips. It looks really natural and refreshing and I have been wearing it every day. It's become my go to lip and cheek color. It's perfect for the spring.


The air repair is a clear salve and I was looking forward to use this because my hands have been extremely dry. I put a coat of it on my hands and it looked like a coat of vaseline, but about 30 minutes later my hands were still dry. 


I did find a great use for it, it's perfect for my cuticles. I slathered them around each of my nails and I really liked the way the felt and looked.

I just realized that it was a lip balm too, so I am going to give it a try and see how it works as a lip balm and I am also trying to find a new one because my lips are always dry.


BB and CC creams are everywhere. In this month's Birchbox I received two BB creams, one for my face and one for my body.

Coola is sunscreen bb cream with a matte tint. I like that this has SPF 30 in it, as I wear sunscreen every day. I also like that this is natural.


It's creamy and light. I applied it all over my face and I thought it was going to look yellow on my face, as it looks yellow when it comes out of the bottle. It actually has a slight white tint when it was applied to my face. My face was very soft after applying it, but after I applied my makeup over it it felt like the sunscreen was coming off in pieces. Maybe I should have left it on longer before I applied my makeup.

I did like that it was matte and that my face stayed pretty matte for the entire day, but I don't know if it's the right for product for me to wear under makeup, but I do plan on using it alone on the days I don't wear makeup, like weekends or days to the beach.


The Jergens BB Body skin cream is very moisturizing and gives a hint of color, which will be perfect for late spring and summer for legs and arms, but right now I don't have a use for it because I am stilling wearing my leggings, boots and sweaters. Because it has a tint to it I can imagine it's going to rub off on clothes, so I recommend wearing a dark color with it and only wear it on exposed skin. It doesn't come with SPF, so make sure to put SPF on after. 


Finally, the Beauty Protector Leave-in Conditioner is a spray leave-in conditioner, that is supposed to be a detangler, thermal protector, UV protector, seals the hair cuticles, adds shine, locks in color, and smoothes hair all in one.

I was a little hesitant at first, because I have another leave-in conditioner that I love and have been using for years. 

When I first tried to spray it nothing came out. I opened it and saw that the product is pretty thick, like cream. Once I opened it and closed it, I was able to spray it.

I first sprayed this one in my wet hair and left it wet to dry naturally and my hair was naturally curly and not frizzy when I woke up. I tried it again and sprayed all over my wet hair, especially my ends. I brushed right through my wet hair with ease. I then used it in combination with my other favorite hair product, Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Relaxing Balm, and I blow dried my hair and the results were very smooth and the split ends I have were so much smoother. My hair felt very soft. I also liked that it has a thermal protector built-in so my hair is protected from heat damage from my blow dryer, hair straightener, and hair curlers.


No comments :