September 3, 2014

opa!


I look forward to the annual Greek Festival on Labor day weekend every year. Labor Day weekend is a special weekend for me because it is also our anniversary. Yanni and I celebrated our 13th anniversary this past weekend. As usual the festival did not disappoint. There was tons of good food, good music, and dancing.


This is one of the most beautiful Greek churches I have ever seen. The murals and stained glass are breathtaking.



We stopped by the Church bookstore to buy some Saint cards and Greek Icons.


We always love going through the halls at the church to find some hidden treasures, and you can always find me at the greek jewelry table finding some evil eye pieces.



We enjoyed a frappe, pork souvlaki, which is marinated meat on skewers, a gyro, spanakopita, and a cold dip platter, which consists of an eggplant spread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce, greek olives, and toasted pita. There was so much good food. We definitely over indulged at this once a year treat.

I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!


No comments :