December 27, 2014

Making Apple Pie


Every holiday I am responsible for making the apple pie. I take this on happily, because I get to make it with my mom. It's one of my favorite desserts to eat on Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. My mom cuts up all the apples into slices, because let me be honest, I still haven't properly learned how to peel apples with a knife. Other than that, making apple pies are a breeze to make, and such a classic holiday dessert.


Peel and cut about 8 apples (6 cups) and add to a large bowl. Next, add a 3/4 cup of sugar.


Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1/8 of teaspoon of nutmeg, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix all the ingredients together.


You can make homemade crust or you can buy rolled up crust at the market. Next, pour apples onto the crust covered pie dish.


Roll out top of pie crust to lay over and tuck edges under. This time around I cut the pie crust in strips to make an overlaying pattern. You can also cut decorations in the crust using mini cookie cutters.


Put pie in oven for 45 minutes at 425 degrees.


Enjoy the warm pie with ice cream. 

What's your favorite pie?


1 comment :

GlorV1 said...

Wow! Your pie looks delish. Happy New Year Kim. I hope your holidays were wonderful and also hope you have a wonderful and creative and healthy year.