January 21, 2015

Cinnamon Baked Donuts with Dark Chocolate Ganache


My mom and I loved watching Ina Garten cook and bake. I have been watching Ina for over 12 years. Now I am in my own kitchen and from time to time I will cook or bake one of Ina's recipes and it brings back memories of being with my mom in the kitchen. 

A little while ago I bought some donut pans, because you just never know when you are going to need to bake donuts. I was determined to find perfect baked donut recipe and when I found Ina's I knew that these were the ones I had to make. I am so glad I did, because these donuts are delicious and easy to make too. She added a yummy cinnamon sugar on top of her donuts, but I love chocolate so much that I made a dark chocolate ganache that I dipped the tops of the donuts with and sprinkled a few with colorful sprinkles.




Donut Recipe (makes 12)
Ina Garten's Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts Recipe

Dark Chocolate Ganache
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 teaspoons of light corn syrup
2 teaspoons water
Rainbow sprinkles, or any other toppings, I like shredded coconut or chopped nuts.

Place the chocolate, butter, corn syrup, and water in a medium bowl. Melt in microwave, for about 2 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until completely melted and smooth. Your time may vary, so keep a watchful eye. You do not want to overheat the chocolate.  Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with sprinkles.



Enjoy!


No comments :