October 25, 2015

Bat Backdrop


I can't believe Halloween is in just a few days. I got to work this past weekend decorating the house with some fun Halloween finds and crafts I have been making, like this Pumpkin Pinata. This year I opted for a classic Halloween theme of orange, black and white. And I wanted lots of bats too. So this weekend I got to work on a fun Halloween themed backdrop to my dinning room table. I made flying bats. 

I used my trusty Cricut machine to cut out a variety of sizes of bats. But if you don't have a Cricut machine, you can simply find a bat template online, print it, cut it out and use it to trace around on black paper.


I folded the center of the bat, so that I could tape just one wing on the wall and that would give them an appearance like they were coming off the wall. You can also tie the center with a string and hang them around the ceiling.


I also added a few around the house in different areas, like mirrors, kitchen cabinets, and other unexpected places to give the whole house a fun Halloween batty feeling.  Another cute idea is to have the bats hold something, as if they are flying with letters like a Halloween banner. The possibilities are endless. 

I hope you like this little craft. Enjoy! 


No comments :