October 14, 2015

Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Pancakes


So as you may have already noticed, pumpkin is everywhere, from pumpkin coffee to pumpkin muffins, so I just had to get in on the craze and make pumpkin pancakes, because I have just tried about every pancake there is to make, from lemon-poppyseed to peach pumpkins.

These came out delicious and are natural, so no artificial coloring to get my pumpkin pancakes orange. I only used 8 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, but if you like pumpkin, I recommend adding a lot more.

All you need to make pumpkin pancakes are:
  • 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup of milk  (I used non-fat organic milk)
  • 8 tablespoons canned organic pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter (or olive oil, I can say I did it both ways and they both tasted exactly the same)
  • 1 egg (I used egg white)
  • Cup of chocolate chips (or more)
Makes about 8 pancakes. Feed 2-3 people.

No artificial ingredients here, these pumpkin pancakes are all natural. I got this organic pumpkin can at my local market.


Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg. Fold mixture into dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.


Grease your skillet and heat over medium heat pour the batter for each pancake. Flip to the other side once you see bubbles form.


Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. Serve with your favorite syrup.



No comments :