February 5, 2016

Bananas and Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate


One of my favorite things to eat are fruits and chocolate. Combining both is the ultimate treat for me. Getting ready for Valentine's Day I grabbed some organic strawberries and bananas and dark chocolate and got to work. These are not only a great little alternative to a sweet treat, but put them in a box with a red bow and they make a great gift to give.


First, slice bananas, I recommend cutting thick slices, even more think then the slices I cut.


Melt dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. I usually add chocolate morsels to a small cereal bowl, and then microwave 30 seconds and then mix and then add them in for another 30 seconds. I keep a good eye and stop when about 75 % are melted, then I keep stirring and usually by then it all melts. You never want to over heat the chocolate, the opposite will happen, and the chocolate will get hard and chunky to work with. 

Next, with a fork, dip the banana slice into the chocolate and then bring it back up. You might have to dip again. Ensure that it is completely covered. And then place it on a piece of parchment paper. Don't wait until they are cooled to decorated. I added sprinkled sea salt and shredded coconut to mine.


They came out delicious. The heat of the chocolate warms up the bananas and secrets this yummy natural syrup.


Now for my favorite part, dipping strawberries in chocolate. Using organic strawberries, wash them thoroughly, leave the stems on them, and dry them.


Next, holding the stems dip the strawberries in chocolate and place them on the parchment paper.


After a few minutes the chocolate will harden, or you can put them in the fridge. I recommend adding crushed nuts, shredded coconut, or any other toppings.


Enjoy!

1 comment :

Sam said...

mmhmmmm...lol. I need these right now. they look soo good.