February 28, 2009

Newest Painting and Art Print

I just finished an original I have been working on, "Rosalinda", which translates in spanish "Pretty Rose". The actual original measures 11 inches x14 inches. And I was inspired by roses I recieved as a gift for Valentine's Day. The roses were the prettiest shades of pinks and reds. I wanted to capture it in a painting and incorporate a spanish/latin feel, and a larger than life rose in this painting.
8 x 11.5 art prints are available in the shop. Click here to purchase. But they will also be available as greeting cards. Email me, info@peachycheek.com if you are interested in blank greeting cards.
The next painting I am working on is a large one (above) 24 inches by 16 inches. Recently I was asked what am I going to do with my girls, am I going to incorporate something else in the line of peachy cheek girls and the answer to that is "yes!" I have been wanting to work on a line of paintings that incorporate children. And the newest painting I am working on (and I have alot more work to do on) captures this theme. This little girl will probably be portrayed as a young little Bolivian girl working in a house or a kitchen...stay tuned to see how she comes out in the next few days...

4 comments :

GlorV1 said...

They are very nice. The lady in the apron reminds me of my Little Ladies of the Kitchen. Very nice. Have a great weekend.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Kim, I received your little button and it is so cute. I really appreciate it and will keep forever. I love how you did that. Do you have them made professionally? How exciting to receive a little present in the mail. You know I think I will send you one of my little works just as a thank you. I will take pix and post later. Again, thank you and have a great Sunday.

display name said...

Hello, hello! I followed you over from Bath Artist's blog - so glad to have found your little space here on blogger, because your work is beautiful! Love your color palette; I am a huge fan of bright colors.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am following along.

Aloha!
Angie

Giovanna said...

Very beautiful work and very inspiring too!!! :)