Ingredients (slightly adapted from Baker Girl)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (Note: whenever possible I always cut the amount of butter, white sugar and use egg whites)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What's different about this recipe is that it starts off being made on top of the stove in a medium sauce pan.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in dark brown sugar and granulated sugar, until combined. Place in refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes. I took mine out a bit earlier and the sugar was still warm, you want to make sure it is cool so that the flour and other items don't just melt right into it. The cooler it is the thicker it is, and it will make it much easier to roll them.
Remove from refrigerator and stir in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix together. Stir in white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips.
I used a tablespoon to make small round balls and lay them on a tin sheet on top of parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 325°F and once oven is ready, bake for 12-14 minutes and golden brown.