March 10, 2013

homemade pretzels

I wanted to try something new this weekend and being at a basketball game and eating a soft pretzel got me thinking...I can make pretzels..so I went hunting for some recipes and found that making homemade pretzels is not only very easy, but really quick. Let me know show you how.
 

Dissolve 2 and 1/4 teaspoons in 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Add four cups of flour to mix and combine until dough is firm and not sticky.


Knead flour on floured surface and take a small piece to roll with hands and fingers to create long rope.



Next, make the pretzel shape by following these next three photos: 



Brush egg wash all over pretzel.


Bake in oven for 425 degree for 10 minutes, next broil for 3-5 minutes.

Add some spicy mustart and enjoy!

No comments :