May 14, 2013

caramel popcorn

Movie night and I was in the mood for something sweet and salty, and when I saw Vanessa over at the Fanciful Twist blog share her caramel popcorn recipe, I just had to make it. I didn't realize how easy caramel popcorn would be.

First we popped some popcorn with our new whirly pop popper. We stopped eating microwave popcorn when we learned about the unhealthy coating inside the microwave bag.

I then made the caramel using Vanessa's recipe, click here. The only change I made was I used less butter.

 Once the caramel was ready, I poured it over the popcorn and mixed it and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes.

 Once I pulled it out of the oven, I started breaking each piece apart, while it's still warm, because once its cool breaking it apart gets a little harder to do. They came out delicious! Right away it brought back memories of cracker jacks and the cute box it came in and the special prize inside. I always got stickers, but always wanted to find a ring in there.

You have to try it! Enjoy!

No comments :