July 24, 2019

The Perfect Summer Espadrille


I have been on the hunt for the perfect summer espadrille. I envisioned a wedge espadrille with clear straps and the right amount of heel.

My dreams were answered when I found André Assous' "Anfisa" Espadrille. The company started in the 70's and started with the original espadrille. They still make espadrilles to this day with a variety of other styles such as espadrille wedges and sneakers. They make the cutest sandals.

Each one is made and hand sewn in Spain with traditional jute.


In my quest to find the perfect summer shoe it had to fun, be able to wear inside and outside of the office, comfortable (comfort is key), look polished, and to go with many outfits. 

This shoe fit the bill. They are extremely well made.  The leather footbed has a comfortable cushion; the heel height is 3 1/4" and has a 1/2" platform in the front, which gives it an overall height of 2.75, which for me is the perfect amount of heel to walk around in.


I normally wear an 8 1/5. I was told the shoe runs "True to Size", but if you fall between sizes they recommend you order the closest size up. I ordered a size 9 and it fit me perfectly.



They practically are invisible as you can see from the above photos, which is one of the biggest reasons why I wanted these. They go with everything. I wear mine with dresses, jeans, and it gives even the most casual outfit a sense of polish. 


I didn't need to break these in at all. I wore them to the office the first time and they were comfortable all day.  I was worried that the clear straps might dig in or feel uncomfortable and I was wrong to be worried. I didn't experience any issues with the clear straps. I do recommend that on an extra hot sunny day that you put a little bit of baby powder on the areas of the foot that straps will come into contact. Feet swell in the summer, so it's preventive.  I also noted that after wearing them for a long period of time that the leather footbed color did transfer a bit to under my foot. This happened the first 1-2 times I wore the shoe and hasn't happened since.


I am so happy I found these clear strap espadrille beauties right in time for the beautiful sunny weather. They really are the perfect summer espadrille.


No comments :