July 9, 2011

Featured on "Anything Frida" Treasury


One of my Day of the Dead paper mache sugar skulls have been featured on an "Anything Frida" treasury!!

It's honor to be featured with such amazing artists and Frida lovers!! I love that Frida is still recognized and still very known. I have met many many people who are not aware of Frida or her art, and after my initial shock, I am happy to explain how wonderful she was and is.

As you may already know, I love painting! Most of my artwork consists of inspirations from my own culture, but I have a sweet spot for Frida and Day of the Dead (aka Dia de los Muertos).

I got a head start on painting my paper mache sugar skulls this year. Usually I don't start painting them until October, for the holiday, which is celebrated right after Halloween, on the first day of November. But I have listed quite a few of them already in my Etsy shop! Don't forget Free Shipping on all items in my Etsy shop in July!!

Thank you so much for you support and stopping by!!

1 comment :

Georgina said...

Congrats on making a Treasury and I love you calacas!! I bought a bunch last year at Michael's and I'm ready to get started on them too..also go some little wooden coffins. My mother thinks I'm "esceleto" crazy, and I am, but my Mexican grandmother taught me a lot about it and gave me a wonderful love for Dia de los Muertos...fun holiday. Have you ever made the Pan de Muerto?? Have made it every year...it's goood!!

Have a good one, my young friend.

Abrazos,
Georgina