April 22, 2013

weekend recap


This weekend was beautiful in Connecticut. I was able to snap some photos with my phone and post them on instagram. Are you on Instagram? I have two accounts: @kampal  for my personal adventures and @blackfeathershop for all black feather shop related adventures. And I will be sure to follow along with you too!

On Thursday, I took part in an Earth Day Fair and set up my Black Feather table, so last week I spent most of my free time working on new pieces. We had so much fun meeting sweet customers. I love when people ask me questions about what certain pieces mean. I had lots of people ask me about skulls and why I use them in making jewelry. As you might know, I appreciate and enjoy creating Dia de Los Muertos art (Day of the Dead), the holiday has a special place in my heart, so when I am not painting or drawing I incorporate it in my jewelry. Also, my jewelry is bohemian and rock'n roll inspired, so the skulls give it a little edge. I love wearing skulls, and aren't we all? We are all one big skeleton and skull underneath.

And this weekend we went to the annual Daffodil festival we have around here and walked around the huge pond at the park. I went there last year, remember this? There are thousands of daffodils blooming and it was beautiful. We also went to a huge flea market where I found lovely vintage jewelry that I am going to incorporate in a few one of a kind piece. 

My favorite find was a blue marble incan carving. I fell in love with this piece as soon as I saw it. Yanni snatched it up and bought it for me. I am either going to take in to the office or I am going to have it in my closet/office to hold bracelets. Or could I use it in the bathroom as a soap holder? Decisions..decisions. It's not everyday you run into a big and beautiful incan head.

We had some yummy food and fun times! Our little tradition has been to go to the Daffodil festival and then grab japanese food right after and I just had to stop by and get some ice cream for dessert.

I am so grateful for all the wonderful things around me. The wonderful people and the wonderful opportunities of meeting new people and finding new things in life.

It was a great weekend. I hope you have a great week too!

1 comment :

Dasha Crawford said...

looks like an amazing weekend!