April 5, 2016

Revoking Authorization on Apps in Instagram



As some of you might know, during the day I work in the tech field, so when I am not crafting, taking photos, baking, or in the Taekwondo dojo, I am behind a computer.

And once an a while I will share some tech advice here.

Recently, I was looking for a quick app to repost instagram photos. I found the top three that were free and had great reviews, but when I downloaded the apps they seemed "sketchy", so I wanted to remove them from my device as soon as possible. However, even if you remove an app from your mobile device, that does not mean that you have revoked its authorization to access your content.

In order to full revoke access from an app you installed you will need to do the following:

  1. Visit: https://instagram.com/accounts/manage_access
  2. Login with your Instagram account.
  3. And select 'Revoke Access' on the apps you did not install or would like to revoke access to.



And that's it. Now you can remove the app from your mobile device if you had not done so.

2 comments :

Liz said...

Ive just been removing the apps from my phone...this is good toknow. Thanks!

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Liz, Me too. I should have known better, but I am glad I know we should revoke authorization too. Thank you so much for stopping by.