August 25, 2011

In the works : New Saint Painting



I haven't been painting as much as I would like to. I have been planning a party, which I will be sharing with you soon enough! And that's what I have been spending my little nights on. But I did have some time to sneak away to the art room for just a little bit to work on this small painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe.

And I have some ideas brewing for future projects. I want to get my hands on some clay and create small sculptures. Georgina from La Llorona Arts always inspires me. She has created such awesome dia de los muertos pieces.

My next few pieces after this will be a few religious inspired paintings but make them look like mosiacs that you see in beautiful churches.

The print on her shawl inspired me to do this.

No comments :