October 14, 2011

weekly gratitude


We all have something to be grateful for. There are days that might test this, or might even make us temporarily forget it. But search and you will find that there are positive things that happened to you today day and this week.

I was inspired to start a Weekly Gratitude by a fellow blogger and I was excited to do this because it was positive and we all need positive energy in our lives. I strongly believe in keeping positive people and energy in your lives and I do my best to only surround myself with it.

Everyday when I wake up I am grateful to live another day, to hear my loved ones, to see how they are doing, to see the smiles on their faces. I am grateful for my art and my hands to allow me to create it, I am grateful for Yanni and all the wisdom he bestows upon me, his adoring humor, and how wonderful he treats me everyday. I am grateful for many things in life and this Weekly Gratitude that I do makes me highlight these positive events, because it's easy to forget that wonderful things that we experience everyday and every week.

This week was a calm week. Yanni and I had a great time picking our pumpkins last week and we wanted to carve them. Yanni never carved one before and I hadn't since I was a child, so we decided to start a little tradition and carve our little pumpkin, in this case a big pumpkin, together. He came out pretty cute!


- So, I want to thank our pumpkin carver kit because it helped making pumpkin carving much easier. I didn't think the pumpkin scooper it came with would do much, but it scooped everything out. I am sure a spoon might have done the trick too ;)

- Thank you big pumpkin because you provided us beautiful pumpkin seeds and we washed them up, dressed them with garlic, pepper, a bit of salt, and put them in the oven and they came out delicious.

- Thank you to the cute boutique I found, Olive's Armoire. Not only is the owner super friendly, but she has such great finds!! I found the cutest ruffle vest that I can't wait to wear and it was a steal!!
- Thank you sweet lady I bumped into at lunch who yelled out loud how much you loved my style. Sure I turned bright red, but it was really sweet that you thought I had some and it made my day!

-Thank you Tatiana for inspiring me and motivating me to start Weekly Gratitude. I am so sad to see you leave the blog world. I enjoyed peaking into your cheerful world once in a while and it always put a smile on my face with how positive and sweet you are.

Enjoy your weekend and remember think positive and reflect on all the highs you experienced this week.

No comments :