This weekend we went to a college hockey game. We are loving hockey right now and it's a plus that the concession stand carries my favorite ice cream.
I wanted to try something a little different then my regular weekend pancake extravaganza. I was in the mood for French Toast. You will be surprised how easy it is and more likely than not you already have the ingredients to make it.
Feeds about 2-4 people (Or two really hungry people)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Cinnamon (not necessary)
- 8 slices bread (I used whole wheat, you can use white bread, french bread - anything you have)
- Butter or olive oil for the pan.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, salt, vanilla together in a large bowl (large enough to dip each bread slice in) and sprinkle some cinnamon in the bowl.
- Heat a pan on medium/high heat.
- Take a slice of bread and dip it in the bowl of the egg mixture, and then dip it on the other side. If there is too much egg mixture - let excess drip off in bowl, and then place in pan.
- Let the bread fry - about 30 seconds to 1 minute until it is golden brown.
- Cook it on the other side and then put it on plate to serve.
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon and syrup and enjoy!
I also made new bracelets like the black skull and gold accent bracelets while enjoy some sweet tea. And I am getting orders ready to ship out.
We went to our favorite Italian deli for some lunch and enjoyed a few movies.
We watched two of my favorite Gene Wilder movies: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Young Frankenstein. I do love Gene. I hope you had a joyful weekend and have a lovely week!!