February 28, 2014

caviar nails for mardi gras


In honor of Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, I gave my nails the Mardi Gras treatment. I added some colorful "caviar" beads to one nail on each hand. I bought the beads from this etsy shop. It's really easy to do and they are so much fun.


First I applied about 2 coats of clear nail polish. My favorite clear polish right now is Chanel's extreme shine, but in this case you can use any nail polish as a base layer.

Next, you can either sprinkle or dip your fingers in the container and next press the little beads down to make sure they are all in contact with the the coat of polish, some spots my need to be filled in. Wait for a few minutes and they are all dry and ready to go.


These are super fun, and they come in a variety of colors.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments :

Sasha said...

Oh, wow! This looks so 3-dimensional and fun! :)

Julie said...

So cute! These look pretty and fun.

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Sasha - Thanks. These are really fun and I was suprised how long they lasted. I might get very experimental and do all my nails the next time :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Julie - Thank you! These were really fun to do!