October 1, 2014

easy pumpkin pie


I never made pumpkin pie before and so glad I tried and made it. It was so easy. Definitely a great treat to enjoy in the fall. Adding the whipped cream on top is optional, but it takes it to a whole other level. I also enjoyed this with a fruit salad (cut strawberries, blueberries, and grapes) and the fruit with the pumpkin, the crust, and the whipped cream was so good. Now that I am looking at these pictures, I am thinking of adding a scoop of hazelnut ice cream. It's pretty much gone, on second thought..I will be right back...

Okay, it's now officially gone. I just ate the last slice.


Ingredients

1 15 oz can Farmer''s Market Pumpkin
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
(don't have ginger, nutmeg, or cloves? no worries, I used allspice)
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 9" deep dish graham cracker pie shell
1 contained of natural whipped cream (optional)


Mix pumpkin and spices together. Add remaining filling ingredients.



Mix slowly just until thoroughly mixed.


Pour into pie shell.



Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduced temperature to 350 degrees for an additional 35-40 minutes.


Thoroughly cool pie before adding whipped cream (optional).


 Happy fall and enjoy!

No comments :