December 13, 2014

Holiday inspired waffle breakfast


Leading up to Christmas I love adding a little holiday to the breakfast table. I made chocolate chip and blueberry belgian waffles for breakfast with yogurt and sliced bananas.

The waffle mix is so easy to make and then you just need to pour it in the waffle maker. If you don't have one, I highly recommend reconsidering this. I use my waffle maker every week. It's worth it if you love waffles. Mine also has the ability to stand up-right, so storage is easy. This is the one I got for Christmas a few years ago and it has great reviews: Waffle Maker

Recipe

1 1/3 cups of unbleached flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil
2 eggs (I used egg whites)
1 1/2 cup of milk (I used Horizon organic fat free milk)

Directions
  • Heat waffle maker
  • Brush coconut oil or melted butter in waffle maker
  • Combine dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients
  • Pour waffle mix in maker (my waffle maker you keep the mix on one side for 1 minute and then flip it and I leave it in for another 5 minutes). We like our waffles just a bit crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.





No comments :