August 15, 2015

Homemade Salsa


I love salsa and recently started making my own homemade salsa and it took all of about 5 minutes to do. I was inspired by the first batch of peppers we are growing this summer.


We used our first pepper to make the spicy salsa. All you need is one organic medium sized tomato, minced garlic, onion, a spicy pepper, paprika, chili powder, parsley, I added a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and you can add any other of ingredient.


You can put it all in a blender, I used my Nutribullet, it's a small, but very powerful blender, that I use to make smoothies with and now I make salsas and hummus with. I will tell you all about my love for it and smoothies in an upcoming post. I mixed all the ingredients for about 10 seconds and got a beautifully colorful and spicy salsa.


I also used the salsa to dress up some burgers instead of ketchup and it was delicious.


No comments :