August 27, 2015

New makeup I am loving


I recently bought and received a few new make-up gifts from Yanni that I have been loving and had to share what I am using right now.


Lorac TANtalizer - This pretty duo comes with a huge mirror and one side is a beautiful matte bronzer and the other half is a warm highlighter. I carry this compact everywhere I go. I use it for light contouring and bronzing.


COOLA ER + Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion -  I consider myself pretty vigilant about sunscreen. I wear it daily, even if it's not sunny and I will be inside all day, I wear it every single day. Most recently, I was outside and though I wore a hat, sunglasses, long sleeves, and had sunscreen on, I spent so much time outdoors and didn't reapply. When I got home I saw that my upper arms were red and burned. I had a sample of COOLA's radical recovery after-sun lotion and put that on one arm and used aloe on the other. Just some experimenting. The next day the arm I put COOLA on was remarkably not red or in pain at all. Right away I got the full size one.

COOLA Lip Balm SPF 30 - This lip balm has a blend of fruits, raspberry and avocado. To top it all off it is water resistant which is perfect for swimming and sweating in the hot summer.

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium - It's no secret I have dark circles around my eyes so trying to find the perfect concealer has always been an on-going personal mission for me. I finally found one that I don't think I will ever replace it. It's creamy and is a little thick, but I never have a hard time applying it. I apply it with my fingers. I know in the beauty world that is a no no, but it works for me. Everyone who knows something about makeup applies it with a brush, but I think the warmth of the finger lets me apply this concealer easily. And with this concealer a very little goes a long way. I use just a little tiny drop for both eyes and to cover any tiny little spots I want to conceal.

One thing I will note is that though it says it is creaseless, that is entirely up to you. I didn't blend well one morning, and it was a crease-fest. Make sure to blend, blend and blend, and tap it in and then I recommend brushing some translucent powder over it to seal it.

Kat Von D's Lock-it Tattoo Foundation in Light 48 - This is one of the best foundations I have ever used. It's lightweight and long-lasting. I usually don't like wearing foundation. I typically just moisturize and then apply concealer to my under eyes, but this foundation is just like a light weight concealer but provides you the coverage you need. I don't put it all over my face, but I apply it to the areas I normally put concealer. And remember, I do TaeKwonDo, I run, and play basketball, this stays on and I love that its matte and not cakey. It's a perfect base. When I put it on its like a really fresh and clean canvas. And just like the concealer, make to sure blend.

Urban Decay's Naked Basics - This palette looks pretty simple, but it packs a lot of punch. It is a small compact palette that has 6 neutral shades. I use the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette daily and my favorite shadow color is Nooner from Naked 3, but when I am not wearing that I am using this Basic palette. This palette has 6 matte shadows and they are all so versatile and each shadow can be used solo or combined for variety of looks. Perfect to leave in the office drawer or when your traveling too.


What are your favorites right now? Any new products that you recommend that I should try?

No comments :