August 21, 2015

Nutribullet Smoothies



My mom recently gifted me a Nutribullet. I had no idea what it was and what it was capable of doing, but I love making smoothies, so I gave it a whirl and I have been addicted to it ever since. I make a smoothie every morning.

I have tried multiple blenders and different juicers and the Nutribullet is the easiest one to use and the easiest to clean up. I've been making two types of smoothies recently: Chocolate Strawberry and Blueberry Coconut  and  Blueberry and Banana with Spinach.And I add protein to all my smoothies.

A friend recently had me try this chocolate flavored powdered protein and I have been adding it to almost everything. I add it to smoothies, when I am baking cookies, waffle and pancake batter...and the list goes on.

I realized that I was not eating enough protein and this is an easy and yummy way to add protein. Protein has so many positive benefits, such as muscle repair and growth, build and repair tissue, helps you maintain a healthy weight, promotes weight loss, builds muscle (if you are active and exercising) and provides an overall well rounded diet for me. I was tracking my diet using an app and found that I was not getting enough protein. So these smoothies are not only delicious, but they give me the necessary protein boost I need. I especially enjoy drinking one after I run a few miles and Taekwondo.

Today I am going to show you how to easily make the Chocolate Strawberry and Bluberry with Coconut smoothie. All you need is: strawberries, blueberries (I used frozen), chocolate milk, shredded coconut, and I also put a tablespoon of protein (chocolate flavored). The frozen fruit give it a little thickness too.


Add a scoop of protein.


Add some shredded coconut (optional).


And, you can add water, which I usually do, but if want a creamier smoothie, I add non-fat milk or chocolate milk. For this smoothie had some low-fat chocolate milk. With the Nutribullet, there is a convenient link that marks the max to fill with fruit and liquid.


The NutriBullet comes with two blenders, one for fruits and veggies and another one that chops up seeds and nuts. I mostly use the double bladed one for fruits and veggies to make my smoothies.


Flip it.


And press it down on the unit and turn and it will start quickly blending everything together. About 8-10 seconds. Once it is finished simply twist and remove.


Twist off the top piece, and you can enjoy the smoothie right from the cup you blend it in. This unit also came with two other cups that look like mugs, so you can blend and then enjoy it right then.


Not only does this make great smoothies, but my absolute favorite thing about it is how easy it is to clean. With all other blenders I have used it has been such a mess to clean up because the blades are all the  way at the bottom of the unit. However, on the Nutribullet the blades are the cover, so you just rinse and your done.

No comments :