December 5, 2012

holiday decorating




This time of year goes by so quickly, so I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I started decorating for the holidays about a week or so before Thanksgiving this year and I am still decorating.

The tree is complete with ornaments, birds, mini nests, owls, and pine cones I painted white (Click here to see how I painted my pinecones last Christmas). Every year my mom and I add new birds to my tree. Birds belong in trees, so I thought it was only natural that they fill my tree for the holidays. My blue bird is one of my newest addition and my mom bought me a snow owl to top my tree. It makes me smile every day when I pass him.

Around the house I have hung snowflakes around the doorways, wreaths and mini trees stand on side tables. One of my newest additions are my brass deer that I bought at this lovely vintage shop on Etsy. I have been looking for the perfect pair and I just love these.

I am off to decorate some more and to start wrapping gifts!

Happy Holidays!


No comments :