February 10, 2013

double chocolate chip muffins



This morning I made Double Chocolate Chip Muffins and enjoyed every bite with a tall glass of milk. I was inspired when I first saw them on Everyday Emma, which was about a year ago and I tucked it away in my To Do Recipe list, and this morning when I got into a baking kick and I looked through my list and realized that I had all the ingredients in the kitchen to make them and got working!


 Makes 1 dozen muffins and I changed her recipe a bit: Combine: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup sugar (I put a bit less), 3 tablespoons cocoa, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, a pinch of salt.


Add to dry mix 1/2 cup light cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cups of oil (I used olive oil), 1 egg (I used egg whites), 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.


Add a cup (or if you want more, your choice) of chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into a lined cupcake pan and bake at 400 F for 18 minutes.

Enjoy for breakfast or a dessert! These are so moist and yummy!


No comments :