October 5, 2016

My Favorite Things - Fall Edition




Fall is my favorite time of year, as soon as the cool morning and nights start up I start feeling a deeper sense of peace. I have been getting the house ready for Halloween. I am getting ready for fall and surrounding myself with my favorite things.


Wildfox 'Inside Out' Skeleton Sweater. I have been looking for the perfect Skeleton sweater in blue and finally found it. Last Halloween my sister surprised me with a glow-n-dark skeleton top and pants for PJs and you can definitely wear them out, and I have. This Halloween I was looking for a sweater not in black and Wildfox has this in blue, black, and pastel pink.

This sweater is super comfy and has an oversize fit. I could wear this everyday.


Stuart Weitzman Commodore Mule. These are my go to fall shoe, they have a bit of a heel, but it's a chunky heel, so they are comfortable and sturdy to walk in. And they instantly make everything I wear a little bit cooler.


American Eagle Jeans. These jeans are super soft and stretchy and have the ripped jean look I have been looking for. They are my current favorite jean.

The only issue I recently ran into was that they smell like moth balls. I watched them several times and left them out hanging and the smell is starting to fade.


Essie Nail Polish in WickedOne of the most relaxing things I can do is paint my nails. I usually reserve it for Sunday nights and I usually pick a new color every weekend.


Stranger Things and The Ranch. I have fallen in love with another Netflix Original show, Stranger Things. It's such a 80's horror/sci-fi throw-back and I love it. I don't want to give any of it away, but if you enjoyed movies from the 80's and can watch scary movies you will enjoy this series.

I also recently got into The Ranch which is another Netflix Original show. The Ranch stars Ashton Kutcher, Danny Materson (Both were in the 70's show together and play brothers on this show), and my favorite Sam Elliot, and Debra Winger. It's a comedy/drama/western and I have fallen in love with the show. It's about a father running a ranch with one of his sons, Rooster (played by Danny Materson), and his other son, Colt (Ashton Kutcher), returns back home to the ranch after playing semi-football. Their mother (Debra Winger) plays a free spirit running the only bar in town. The show isn't a typical show I would watch, but I am glad I gave it a chance, because I really enjoy it.

Sam Elliot and Danny Materson both are excellent to watch. Danny's comedic timing is on and he makes me laugh everytime he is on screen. What can I say about Sam Elliot, he is such a natural and is charismatic on the screen. My face lights up every time he enters the room. He plays a tough father, that expects hard work, discipline, and loyalty from his family and his character struggles when he isn't given that 100% of the time. Under his tough exterior and persona lies a caring and sensitive man that he doesn't expose very often, but when he does it's a gem to see for the viewer and his on-screen family. It's a pleasure seeing Sam Elliot play this character.

So these are a few of my favorite things right now. All of these things have been putting a little smile on my face, and it's important to do and be surrounded by things that you like and love.


No comments :