December 5, 2013

hershey kiss peanut butter blossoms

One of my favorite cookies to make for the holidays are peanut butter blossoms. They are quick and easy to make. This weekend I made a few batches to give.
1/2 cup of butter (softened), 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar , 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 large egg (egg white), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, Hershey kisses, 1/4 cup granulated sugar to roll cookies in.

I followed Kerry from Baker's Girl recipe. You can find it here.


These are so delicious with a glass of milk or cup of hot chocolate. I bake them all the time during the holidays to have them around to eat as a sweet treat while wrapping gifts and listening to Christmas music. They also make great gifts to give. I put them in clear boxes and tied a bright red bow and everyone always loves them.

Enjoy!


No comments :