November 18, 2013

gold pumpkins



Now that Halloween has past us we are now officially decorating for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually will decorate the house for Christmas a few days after Halloween. The more time I can spend in the holiday spirit the better for my spirit.

I will decorate the dinning room table a bit for Thanksgiving, but I don't decorate the house for Thanksgiving too much as I usually spend the day with family at their homes.

This year I wanted to add some gold accents to the table, so I did the simplest and most inexpensive thing; I sprayed our Halloween pumpkins gold.

What you need:

Pumpkins from Halloween
Spray Paint (Craft store)

 I gathered our Halloween pumpkins and placed them over some old cardboard in the garage. You need a large and ventilated area to spray.




I just went ahead and sprayed them.  Each pumpkin needed about two coats of paint. And I let them dry outside for a day.


I added a few cinnamon scented pinecones around the table and will be adding some tea lights. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family, friends, and loved ones! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

Georgina said...

How lovely and what a great way of recycling your pumpkins. I'll have to try those cinnamon-scented pine cones since I have many lying around my front and back yard.

Have a great week.

Abrazos,
Georgina

PeachyCheek said...

Hi Georgina! Thanks. It was my first time experimenting with pumpkins and spray paint. It was fun.
Take good care!
Kim