November 9, 2013

holiday nails


Using gold striping tape I recently bought from Etsy and gold glitter nail polish from wet n wild that I bought at my local pharmacy I added some fun designs to my nails this weekend. 

The thin striping tape is so easy to use and comes in a variety of colors like blue, silver, purple, and green.

Simply paint a base coat. I used a shimmery navy blue color this time. Wait for your nails to completely dry and then I snipped some of the gold tape in lengths as long as my nails. Some I made criss cross, veritical and horizontal lines. Next rub the tape a few times to make sure it is firmly on the nail. Lastly, add a clear top coat to protect it.
This gets me thinking. I can see this be used in so many different ways. I would love to do a dark chocolate base with gold stripes for Thanksgiving, bright red base and gold stripes for Christmas, and white and gold for New Years. Have fun!

No comments :