November 6, 2013

quinn popcorn

I love eating popcorn, but when I found out that microwaveable popcorn was filled of not so good stuff for us to digest, I stopped eating it.

A report from the FDA indicates that a chemical coating used in microwave popcorn bags breaks down when heated into a substance called perfluorooctanoic (PFOA). The Environmental Protection Agency has identified PFOA as a “likely carcinogen.”
So, we bought kernels and a Whirley Pop to pop our own popcorn, but the microwave can be so much quicker and easier sometimes.
That all changed when I found Quinn Popcorn a small mom and pop company from my home state of Massachusetts at my local natural food market. Their popcorns bags do not contain PFOA, no plastic, and they are compostable.

Currently my favorite is parmesan and rosemary. Recently, for a little fall movie night marathon I made the hickory smoked cheddar and it was delicious.
You simply pop the popcorn in the microwave for a few minutes, pour the sunflower oil in the bag, shake, and then you pour the seasoning in the bag and shake again, and your done.
So easy, so fun, so tasty, and I don't have to worry about digesting chemicals! I can't believe we have to even say that, chemicals in our food shouldn't even be something we should be worried about, but unfortunately it is.

Ever since I started paying attention and reading what ingredients were in my food I have felt so much better and healthier. I can just feel my body functioning the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :